What's a Youatarian? It's my own phrase I have used when people ask me how I have lost my excess weight. I'm a Youatarian and live the youatarian lifestyle. Simply put, a Youatarian is someone that follows YOU On a Diet. For any YOAD followers out there that would like to adopt the phrase
for themselves, please feel free.

- Marshall (aka Orlando Tek)



Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

My Story

In July 2006, I visited the doctor for a multitude of
ongoing medical problems and when I weighed
in I remember being 305lbs. That was the heaviest
I could ever remember weighing on any scale in my life.

My wife, also overweight, started some small changes
in her diet at that time and those changes made its way
through into my diet as well.

In September 2006, I watched my mother undergo
triple bypass surgey. And I always believed her
to be of modest health although she had passed
on a few of her problems to me including high blood
pressure and acid reflux issues. In her early 20's,
unaware of her high blood pressure problem, she
actually had a stroke, although not very severe.

My dad is a bit healthier even though being
12 years older than my mom, but he has borderline
adult onset diabetes and he had a stint put into an
artery a few years back.

Taking in all this information, It was then I decided
I needed to make some serious changes in my life
or I will be the next one on the heart ward not too
long from now.

It was Novemeber, 2006 and I was already following
the few changes my wife had made to her diet and we had
both lost about 15lbs in the last few months. Any
change at this point was a good change. We watched
a Discovery Health special called YOU: On A Diet featuring
the YOU docs and a few families incorporating YOAD
into their daily lives and showing their amazing progress.

The very next day, November 7th, 2006, my wife and
I went through every cabinet and cupboard in our
house and got rid of ALL the bad foods. We then
went to the grocery store and bought foods that
met YOAD and from that day we have not looked back!

We could not find the book at any local store so we
ordered it off Amazon. It took a few weeks to arrive
but we started cooking with only YOAD approved foods
using YOAD approved methods and we WERE seeing
results even before the book arrived.

From there it has been all downhilll. I have lost 110lbs
since starting on YOAD in November but about 125lbs
over the last 18 months total. Wahoo!

And most of my medical problems related to my weight
have now vanished including high bood pressure, acid
reflux and sleep apnea. I have much more energy and
I feel better than I can ever remember!

And its all thanks to YOAD!



Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Sat Up Front :)

Okay. I know you're probably thinking I've lost my mind.
Well, not just yet :)

So, what am I talking about?

Roller Coasters! :)

Today my wife and I and a friend and his girlfriend all went to
Universal Studios Orlando. This is the first time my wife
and I have been to any theme parks since starting the diet
last November.

My adult daughter, Tabatha, came down to visit us from up north
last August and we went to Sea World. Yeah, that little girl
ran us ragged! LOL. Our feet hurt and just walking around all day
carrying my 300lbs was not fun!

I have always loved roller coasters but for the last 6 or 7 years
I have either been too big to fit into them or I had to sit in
a row that was "designed for our guests with special body dimensions".
Ummm, I believe that was just a politically correct way of saying FAT!
And this "special" row was always in the center of the ride car.

But today, I got to sit up in the front row of The Incredible Hulk
coaster and had enough room left in my restraint bar to fit one of
my nieces or nephews if I had wanted to! LOL.

We also went on Dueling Dragons coaster. I could have sat up front but
it would have been an extra 30 minute wait so I just sat wherever I ended
up. But, I didn't have to find any special row to sit in :)

All in all it was a pretty good day. We had a healthy breakfast at home.
Eating in the park was challenging. For lunch I had a plain grilled
chicken breast on a plate with a serving of french fries. There really
was no other side choice unless I ordered a $12 salad. For dinner, close
to the same, a hamburger with provolone cheese plain on a plate (no bun)
also with some fries. Both portion of fries were small. I was bad a little
and got 2 ounces of coffee flavored jelly beans from a candy store. It
wasn't my fault I tell you. We were about to leave and my friend wanted
to stop at guest relations and ask a question. Wouldn't you know..the
desk was located in the corner of a candy store...really. I actually
bought about 5 ounces of jelly beans but half or more of them I pawned off
on the other people with me. I told them the more they ate the less
I would eat. :) We all enjoyed them so it wasn't too bad. Just a treat.

Oh, and if you're asking why didn't I just have a salad for lunch
and dinner. Well, here's the deal. It's economics. Sorta. LOL.
They had no small side salad available. I asked. So, the salads
were $12 or more beacuase they were HUGE! Loaded with bacon bits
and croutons and pita bread slices and rice noodles and....I think
you get the picture. I could have asked for it plain, but I would
have basically gotten a HUGE bowl of lettuce and maybe a slice or
two of tomato for $12. And, they had no low cal dressing like I prefer.
So..the chicken and burger meals were cheaper so...I went with that.
Who wants to pay $12 for a head of lettuce chopped and served in a bowl? :)

Anyway...

Now we are back home unwinding.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Chari said...

It's so cool being thin and healthy. I took my dd to a park here and I could not get the seat belt around me so they wouldn't let me ride it with her..I weighed 217ish.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, what's next airplane seats.....
How is the new job going?
It's very quiet around here.
Weight loss is really slow for me, need to try a new approach.

I found 4c at a local discount store here, woulda walked right by it if not for you. I got the energy one and cranberry pomegranate. Thanks

Me

Vinyl Bozz said...

I answered you this morning but it gave me an error and I ran outa time to type it again. LOL.

New job is great! I'm lovin it :)
The only bad part is I cannot exercise during the day like I used to. Its a one story building so no running up and down the stairs, I get only 30 minutes for lunch and the building is not in an area condusive to walking..so I cannot really walk on my lunch :(

I've been walking for 30 minutes in the morning now before I start getting ready for work.

You're welcome for he 4C info. They have a tropical punch and lemonade flavor I like.

Hope you're having a good week!