What's a Youatarian? It's my own phrase I have used when people ask me how I have lost my excess weight. I'm a Youatarian and live the youatarian lifestyle. Simply put, a Youatarian is someone that follows YOU On a Diet. For any YOAD followers out there that would like to adopt the phrase
for themselves, please feel free.

- Marshall (aka Orlando Tek)



Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

My Story

In July 2006, I visited the doctor for a multitude of
ongoing medical problems and when I weighed
in I remember being 305lbs. That was the heaviest
I could ever remember weighing on any scale in my life.

My wife, also overweight, started some small changes
in her diet at that time and those changes made its way
through into my diet as well.

In September 2006, I watched my mother undergo
triple bypass surgey. And I always believed her
to be of modest health although she had passed
on a few of her problems to me including high blood
pressure and acid reflux issues. In her early 20's,
unaware of her high blood pressure problem, she
actually had a stroke, although not very severe.

My dad is a bit healthier even though being
12 years older than my mom, but he has borderline
adult onset diabetes and he had a stint put into an
artery a few years back.

Taking in all this information, It was then I decided
I needed to make some serious changes in my life
or I will be the next one on the heart ward not too
long from now.

It was Novemeber, 2006 and I was already following
the few changes my wife had made to her diet and we had
both lost about 15lbs in the last few months. Any
change at this point was a good change. We watched
a Discovery Health special called YOU: On A Diet featuring
the YOU docs and a few families incorporating YOAD
into their daily lives and showing their amazing progress.

The very next day, November 7th, 2006, my wife and
I went through every cabinet and cupboard in our
house and got rid of ALL the bad foods. We then
went to the grocery store and bought foods that
met YOAD and from that day we have not looked back!

We could not find the book at any local store so we
ordered it off Amazon. It took a few weeks to arrive
but we started cooking with only YOAD approved foods
using YOAD approved methods and we WERE seeing
results even before the book arrived.

From there it has been all downhilll. I have lost 110lbs
since starting on YOAD in November but about 125lbs
over the last 18 months total. Wahoo!

And most of my medical problems related to my weight
have now vanished including high bood pressure, acid
reflux and sleep apnea. I have much more energy and
I feel better than I can ever remember!

And its all thanks to YOAD!



Friday, November 23, 2007

Another restaurant makes the grade :)

It has been sometime since my wife and I
had indulged in mexican food at a
restaurant. Knowing that most taco shells
are prepared with corn oil or cottonseed oil
(very high in omega 6's) and many times
made in partially hydrogenated oils, has
kept us from venturing into mexican
restaurants.

We generally make tacos at home where
we can control the ingredients. Oragnic
taco shells made with pure corn meal
processed with only canola oil and made with
ground chicken, turkey or bison meat seasoned
ourselves to be healthy.

Or fajitas made much the same way with
100% whole grain tartillias and healthy
sauteed onions and bell peppers cooked in
pure macadamia nut oil (high in monounsaturates).

But, a few nights ago my wife just wanted
to eat out and chose a place we had
visited quite often before we started
the diet called Tijuana Flats.

It's a local dive that has now grown to
about 30 or more locations througout
the Greater Orlando area. And, of course, all
mexican food.

I knew I was looking at a tough time staying
to the diet until we got a glimps of their new
menu. They were now offering 100% whole wheat
tortillias and boasting nothing in the place was
prepared or cooked in partially hydrogenated oils.

That brought a smile to our faces :)

I was able to order two tacos, made in a whole
wheat tortillia, with refried beans and diced
grilled chicken topped with only lettuce and
tomato. They also offer a line of hot sauces
(their trademark) and we always have fun tasting
the new offerings and enjoying the ones we have
chosen as our favorites.

That makes another restaurant that we can
now visit and not have to worry about breaking
the diet!

No comments: