What's a Youatarian? It's my own phrase I have used when people ask me how I have lost my excess weight. I'm a Youatarian and live the youatarian lifestyle. Simply put, a Youatarian is someone that follows YOU On a Diet. For any YOAD followers out there that would like to adopt the phrase
for themselves, please feel free.

- Marshall (aka Orlando Tek)



Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

My Story

In July 2006, I visited the doctor for a multitude of
ongoing medical problems and when I weighed
in I remember being 305lbs. That was the heaviest
I could ever remember weighing on any scale in my life.

My wife, also overweight, started some small changes
in her diet at that time and those changes made its way
through into my diet as well.

In September 2006, I watched my mother undergo
triple bypass surgey. And I always believed her
to be of modest health although she had passed
on a few of her problems to me including high blood
pressure and acid reflux issues. In her early 20's,
unaware of her high blood pressure problem, she
actually had a stroke, although not very severe.

My dad is a bit healthier even though being
12 years older than my mom, but he has borderline
adult onset diabetes and he had a stint put into an
artery a few years back.

Taking in all this information, It was then I decided
I needed to make some serious changes in my life
or I will be the next one on the heart ward not too
long from now.

It was Novemeber, 2006 and I was already following
the few changes my wife had made to her diet and we had
both lost about 15lbs in the last few months. Any
change at this point was a good change. We watched
a Discovery Health special called YOU: On A Diet featuring
the YOU docs and a few families incorporating YOAD
into their daily lives and showing their amazing progress.

The very next day, November 7th, 2006, my wife and
I went through every cabinet and cupboard in our
house and got rid of ALL the bad foods. We then
went to the grocery store and bought foods that
met YOAD and from that day we have not looked back!

We could not find the book at any local store so we
ordered it off Amazon. It took a few weeks to arrive
but we started cooking with only YOAD approved foods
using YOAD approved methods and we WERE seeing
results even before the book arrived.

From there it has been all downhilll. I have lost 110lbs
since starting on YOAD in November but about 125lbs
over the last 18 months total. Wahoo!

And most of my medical problems related to my weight
have now vanished including high bood pressure, acid
reflux and sleep apnea. I have much more energy and
I feel better than I can ever remember!

And its all thanks to YOAD!



Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pizza!

Tonite for dinner we are having some home made
pizza!

Boboli is a brand of ready-made pizza crust that puts
out a 100% whole wheat version...and it's VERY good!

We use a provolone/mozerella shredded cheese blend,
some YOAD approved pizza quick sauce and usually
some sliced onions, like we are doing tonite. Other
nights we may also add fresh mushrooms and
orange or red bell pepper slices. MMMMmmm.

Typically we look at between 1000 and 1200 calories for
the entire pizza. Which works great for my wife and I!

We once made some home made fresh pizza
dough using 100% white whole wheat flour. It actually
was good but much, much, MUCH more work. And, it
really wasn't that much better than the Boboli to really
think the extra time was worth it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening!

Have a good night! I gotta go put the pie in the oven :)

3 comments:

Chari said...

The pizza sounds really good Marshall, I bought a whole wheat crust at the health food store, it's still in the freezer. Some turkey pepperoni would be good on there.
The woven wheat crackers are yummy!
I am having a hard time with my night snack, I am hungry when I get home from work around ten and sometimes wanna over due.
Do you think Calorie King exercise (calories spent ) is correct, it's a lot different then my pedometer as far as how many calories I used up.

How did you get the average calories (energy and exercise thing) on your blog? It looks just like the one from Calorie King? I can copy and paste info but not a screen shot...school me will ya.

I make some really good homemade croutons today with my new bread find! I have been eating Caesar salads with dinner lately.

I will check back tomorrow, I am also thinking about joining our Rec. center....it rained today and I walked in the rain , but what's gonna happen when winter comes...I live in Cleveland (snow belt). We have free membership to my DH job (fitness center, but it's 18 miles away, with gas prices.....may be cheaper to join Rec. 3 miles away.

Chari

Vinyl Bozz said...

Hi there!

We have done the turkey pepperoni in the past and it's yummy but we like to have one or two "meatless" dinners per week and pizza gives us that opportunity. So we tend not to go with the pepperoni that much.

Do you have Boboli in your area?

The average calories I did a copy and paste from a screen shot.

As far as clories burned, Calorie King is pretty close to the real deal. The hardest part is that you can put the same data in four different trackers for exercise and get four different results. Makes it not so easy. What I do is get the results for three or four calculators and figure the average and go with that. Not perfect but works for me.

For snacking, I will often eat a kosher pickle. It can fill me up for the moment and it's almost 0 calories. I don't always put them in my blog.

Have a great day!

Richard Adams said...

So what's a "YOAD approved pizza quick sauce"???