What's a Youatarian? It's my own phrase I have used when people ask me how I have lost my excess weight. I'm a Youatarian and live the youatarian lifestyle. Simply put, a Youatarian is someone that follows YOU On a Diet. For any YOAD followers out there that would like to adopt the phrase
for themselves, please feel free.

- Marshall (aka Orlando Tek)



Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

My Story

In July 2006, I visited the doctor for a multitude of
ongoing medical problems and when I weighed
in I remember being 305lbs. That was the heaviest
I could ever remember weighing on any scale in my life.

My wife, also overweight, started some small changes
in her diet at that time and those changes made its way
through into my diet as well.

In September 2006, I watched my mother undergo
triple bypass surgey. And I always believed her
to be of modest health although she had passed
on a few of her problems to me including high blood
pressure and acid reflux issues. In her early 20's,
unaware of her high blood pressure problem, she
actually had a stroke, although not very severe.

My dad is a bit healthier even though being
12 years older than my mom, but he has borderline
adult onset diabetes and he had a stint put into an
artery a few years back.

Taking in all this information, It was then I decided
I needed to make some serious changes in my life
or I will be the next one on the heart ward not too
long from now.

It was Novemeber, 2006 and I was already following
the few changes my wife had made to her diet and we had
both lost about 15lbs in the last few months. Any
change at this point was a good change. We watched
a Discovery Health special called YOU: On A Diet featuring
the YOU docs and a few families incorporating YOAD
into their daily lives and showing their amazing progress.

The very next day, November 7th, 2006, my wife and
I went through every cabinet and cupboard in our
house and got rid of ALL the bad foods. We then
went to the grocery store and bought foods that
met YOAD and from that day we have not looked back!

We could not find the book at any local store so we
ordered it off Amazon. It took a few weeks to arrive
but we started cooking with only YOAD approved foods
using YOAD approved methods and we WERE seeing
results even before the book arrived.

From there it has been all downhilll. I have lost 110lbs
since starting on YOAD in November but about 125lbs
over the last 18 months total. Wahoo!

And most of my medical problems related to my weight
have now vanished including high bood pressure, acid
reflux and sleep apnea. I have much more energy and
I feel better than I can ever remember!

And its all thanks to YOAD!



Friday, September 14, 2007

Mini-stall

Good morning everyone!

Well, I'm the same weight today as I was
one week ago (sigh). Very surprising since
I weigh myself 2 or 3 times per week (to see trends)
and a couple of days ago I was 186.4lbs. So, I was
expecting to see at least a 1 pound loss this morning
if not a little more.

Weight is funny. We can usually have a 2-4 pound
difference within the same day.

And, I did increase both my calories and my exercise
last week for the first time in a longtime. Maybe
my body is still adjusting to the changes.

I hope to be down by this same time next week. We'll see.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Chari said...

Hi Marshall!
Just came in to say I also thought I would see a loss, earlier in the week I did and this a.m. was the same as a week ago, wonder if the psyllium husks powder did it, I stopped taking it last Thursday.

I think I figured out my menu ordeal I was all into editing it in paint, even installed Google Picasa..I think it's in the code itself. I changed the 400 to 800 and bingo, but there wasn't enough room so I had to move it to the header...long ordeal, but know I have to figure out how to keep these menus..the header page element doesn't stay if you change it , like the pots do.

I'm starting to confuse myself...lol
Have a great day!
Chari

Maybe I need another blog just for menus and I can hyperlink to it.
hmmmm....

Chari said...

pots do = posts do, they need to let me edit!!!!

Vinyl Bozz said...

yeah, I started a blog menu
under angelfire for a history
since it provides a calender
to click on for past days.

have a good night :)